Imagining Futures is a programme combining mental wellness strategies and arts practice for young women living in Lambeth or Southwark.
MINDFULNESS • DRAMA • SPOKEN WORD • PHOTOGRAPHY • MUSIC
Imagining Futures uses drama, creative writing, music, photography and film combined with dialectical behaviour therapy and mindfulness to support mental wellness of young women aged 14-18. The project supports young women whose immediate and longer-term mental health may be affected by issues including self-harm, social exclusion, exploitation, vulnerability, deprivation and gang association.
This project is aimed at young women who live in Southwark or Lambeth and have a history of self-harm or are at risk of self-harm.
Due to COVID-19 the start date of Year Two delivery was delayed. We are opening a waiting list for new places and we’ll let you know in the next month.
The second year of weekly workshops will now run from September 2020 – June 2021 at Theatre Peckham and Mountview Drama School in Peckham.
Weekly workshops will:
- Use creative writing, photography and drama with DBT and mindfulness.
- Aim to build self-esteem, empathy and confidence.
- Be a caring, supportive and safe environment.
- Develop group skills and social behaviour.
Project dates are now expected to be :
- Module 1 16/17 September – 25/26 November (includes a 1 week break)
- Module 2 6/7 January, 2021 – 17/18 March 2021 (includes a 1 week break)
- Module 3 14/15 April 2021 – 23/24 June 2021 (includes a 1 week break)
If you need help filling in the form, or just want more information, email Vikki.Moorhouse@brixtonhouse.co.uk or text 07493 272294.